Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MIRACLES

I am overwhelmed with this news and can't wait to share it with you! This afternoon Hayley had an X-Ray swallow test, her tracheotomy was removed, she was able to talk normally and her first words were "This is so amazing, I love you so much, Mom." She drank down a mango smoothie and said "This is SO good." She also said "I've been through so much, Mom."

Her neurosurgeon is still planning on back surgery but it will be next week, when he is sure that all the bugs are out of her system. Her progress has been remarkable and every day will bring new surprises. It seems so long ago ... that first Saturday night in Mochis, sitting by her bed pleading with God to please bring her through the night.

Hope Julia won't be annoyed if I blog for her, but her clavicle surgery was successful today and the surgeon closed up the big wound on her leg as well!

5 comments:

  1. This is probably the best news I have ever heard. My heart is singing! Go, Hayley, go Hayley, go!!! You are loved, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan and Hayley and Everyone!

    The tracheotomy is gone and Hayley has had a smoothie? This news is almost like a fairy tale. The whole last four + weeks have been beyond words. Thank God and everyone for this miracle.

    A big hug to you Hayley, amazing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mango smoothie ? I bet that was the best smoothie ever. Hayley, you and your family have been thru so much yet from reading the blogs and seeing your photos I know you will come out if this chapter of your life with flying colors. I can't wait to see more photos of you and Julia. Maybe next time you can share a smoothie. Hugs.

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for the good news - the "trach" is out, one mango smoothie down and many more to follow! We are all thrilled with your continued progress and we think of you and your immediate family a lot! Continue the great progress and keep that positive attitude. Looking forward to the day when others can share a smoothie with you. Happy 4th!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such great news. Prayer works!!! I know that miracles happen!! Hayley you are a champion!!! The influence of this story will be felt by so many. I will look forward to many more happy updates. Love you Hayley!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete